New hard drive and more mem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

STK

ok my comp is getting kind of full, between 3 big computer users we hav 10 GB left i think. i was looking around, i found this external hard drive 80 GB USB for $110, i figure that should hold us for another couple of years at least. i think my 2 GB RAM should still b more then enough.

hells ya i would like to open a computer, thanks for the sites. if i get a new hd its going to be internal and i am goin to install it.

thanks alot young, STK

beware some PC's have older ide bus ,that will not see large HDD's
same with the pci bus get a faster card
133 at .
pc may not see this as ide;
don't put all your egg's in one basket.
I like scsi cause you can tree more hard drive's they last longer and are faster
friend of mine bought a seagate 80 gig went bad in less than a year bought another one a maxtor that went bad littl over a year
my oldest scsi's been running for over 5 years

SCSI is more expensive and requires a PCI controller card for his comp to use.
ATA100/133 even if it wouldn't hook up with his comp now because of a BIOS issue, he could update the BIOS (possibly) and if not he could buy a PCI IDE card for cheaper than a SCSI one.

how very true
most newer MOBO's should have updates if they don't already handle large hdd's
I just fig. all that space and one stupid thing goes bad poof all your info gone
controller for scsi not that bad now
and small scsi's sell for about $2.00 a gig
PS :
server was shut dwn last week after running for 6 months the ata133 would not come back up about 18 months old
the scsi 4 yrs old keeps on going

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back