New Hardware Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, here's the story, I few weeks ago my computer crashed and wouldn't even post. I tried all of the methods of ruling out everything, taking out the cards and all of the memory(which I switched out to another system to see if it was good) except one stick, unplugging all the drives, ect. So I figured it was either a bad mobo or psu so I ordered a new one of each. I've installed them and the computer will still not even post. It posted a few times when I had only one hard drive connected but now if a HD isn't connected to the PSU the cpu fan will make a few revolutions then stop and any successive attempts to hit the power button do nothing whatsoever. If I connect the power supply to the HD the drive will spin up and the computer will power up, but the computer will not post. If I connect the HD to my mobo and to the PSU the computer powers up but will no post and the HD will not power up. I don't know what to make of this at all : / maybe I got a defective PSU?

I'm going to check the memory again, maybe thats it : / got it to post two times while switching the memory around

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back