TechSpot

New Hardware Problems

By Hier0
Nov 18, 2007
  1. Ok, here's the story, I few weeks ago my computer crashed and wouldn't even post. I tried all of the methods of ruling out everything, taking out the cards and all of the memory(which I switched out to another system to see if it was good) except one stick, unplugging all the drives, ect. So I figured it was either a bad mobo or psu so I ordered a new one of each. I've installed them and the computer will still not even post. It posted a few times when I had only one hard drive connected but now if a HD isn't connected to the PSU the cpu fan will make a few revolutions then stop and any successive attempts to hit the power button do nothing whatsoever. If I connect the power supply to the HD the drive will spin up and the computer will power up, but the computer will not post. If I connect the HD to my mobo and to the PSU the computer powers up but will no post and the HD will not power up. I don't know what to make of this at all : / maybe I got a defective PSU?

2. pdyckman@comcas

pdyckman@comcas TS Rookie Posts: 527

It could be the power supply, or maybe the program itself corrupted.

3. Hier0

Hier0 TS Rookie Topic Starter

what program? BIOS?

4. Hier0

Hier0 TS Rookie Topic Starter

I'm going to check the memory again, maybe thats it : / got it to post two times while switching the memory around

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.