TechSpot

New iPod Contact/Jacks

By Extant
Nov 26, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. My iPod just "busted" today. There seems to be a problem with the headphone jack. I opened it up and all to try and fix it. It worked for a while, thne it stopped again. Oh yes, the warrenty is over. I'm actually one of the people who has had the same iPod for the longest, of the people I know. =3

Well I was just wondering, because other than this my iPod is pretty much in 100% (maybe 90ish%). So if I actually decide to retire this thing I'll use it as an external HD. :)

BUT, I was wondering if you guys consider it worth to order a new headphone jack from one of these sites online (I already broke open my iPod so I'd probably be able to figure out how to change it myself)

I could also consider getting a new iPod... Christmas is coming so it wouldn't be too bad of an idea. :) And I'd get a free External HD!

But my question is, have they improved this? I heard the Shuffle doesn't have this problem with the headphone jack (but I think the shuffle is too small for me), what about the others? Classic still suffering from the same issue? How about the Touch?

Thanks. :D
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.