New-Ish PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone, this is my first post. Hoping to upgrade my system... was wondering how difficult it would be for someone who's got a little bit of experience in dealing with hardware but not a whole lot.

My current system is limited by my sluggish processor and my Radeon x850 is being wasted on a 4xAGP slot.

Looking around I found this on ebay...
BareBones System

My question is. How easy/difficult would it be to get this and "fill in the gaps" with my current memory, video card, hard drive, Cd-rw drive, dvd drive, etc? So that in the end i've got a semi-new PC?

I'm speculating that reformatting and installing the hard drive and a new version of windows would be the most difficult task here right? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

If building your own is an option I would go with that. I had no experience when I built my first one a couple of months ago and I had no problems with it whatsoever. Ok well there was one but all it was was a dead PSU.

Yes, you will most likely have to format and start over. And even that isn't that big of a deal. JUST BE SURE TO BACKUP ALL YOUR DATA FIRST

Either way you go, with a barebones, or build yourself, it shouldn't be that big of a deal.

BTW
:wave:Welcome to TechSpot:wave:

Would you please take a few moments to read the following. It will help to make your Techspot experience a more pleasurable one.

Techspot FAQ.
A message for all newcomers.
SNGX1275`s A guide to making a good post/thread.
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back