TechSpot

New Lord of the Rings games (PS2 and PC)

By Arris
Mar 17, 2002
  1. Information at gamespot.com
    [​IMG]

ElectronicsBoutique have is earmarked for 15/09/2002...
    Not much else available about it at the moment :(

2. Demiurg

Demiurg TS Rookie Posts: 86

It seems there are two LOTR-games scheduled.

EA has the rights to make games based on the movies. Not much info on that, other than that it's being developed for PS2, which doesn't look to promising from a PC-point of view. Cool graphics though. ;)

Sierra has the rights for games based on the books and Vivendi are publishing the upcoming game, which is developed for Xbox. Not as nice graphics though (at least based on the early screenies). Here are two previews of that title:
    http://www.gamers.com/game/1090973
    http://www1.tolkienonline.com/docs/2643.html

"Once in a while, you'll play a game with a really cool story. But only one game can honestly boast having the best story...ever."

3. Arris

Arris TS Evangelist Topic Starter Posts: 4,568   +103

Book game -vs- movie game.
    I guess the book game will have to design its own impressions of what they believe that all the different characters and creatures look like, whereas the movie game can base its designs of the movie creators...

4. poertner_1274

poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Posts: 4,745

I think that would be AWESOME, if they came out with a LOTR game. I really enjoyed the book, and the movie was pretty good too. I hope it comes out soon, because just that idea is making me want to get it even more now.

5. Arris

Arris TS Evangelist Topic Starter Posts: 4,568   +103

About 6 months or longer to go I am afraid...

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.