New Mobo Type?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dognapper0

I had my nephew over and he was playing on my computer (BAD IDEA) and he had been drinking a lot of soda. He burped very loud and then projectile vomited on my crapy Dell. he fried the mobo. i want to upgrade do a nice dfi and amd set up im thingking of a AMD Athlon 64 FX60 Toledo 2000MHz HT Socket 939 Dual Core Processor Model ADAFX60CDBOX (what a mouthful) and a DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 SLI-DR Expert Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX AMD Motherboard. this should work with my existing, and safe components, including a nice vga Ati 512mb. any coments on these choses would be great, including if i should update my graphics card (it is pretty new). Thanks!:wave:

What's your ATI card?

That would be a very good system, just make sure your power supply can power it properly.

Since the board is made for SLI, wouldn't it be better to get an NVIDIA card instead, so u can upgrade to SLI later? If u want a Crossfire one and want to keep ur ATI card, try this. It's what I use with my dual X1900s and FX-60 and it's rock stable.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813136009
P.S. -> I would keep ur nephew away from the PC in the future. Little kids and PCs don't mix ;) As for the mobo, u can use the one u've selected if u don't wanna run dual cards(in Crossfire of course) later.

Got it!

i have 4gb of ram picked out (Patriot Signature 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR Unbuffered System Memory Model PSD2G400KH) and an ATI 100-435805 Radeon X1900XTX 512MB GDDR3. this should work with either mobo and the ram is very high quality (my brother uses it in his rigs). he loves the performance and the heat spreaders.
i don't want to run crossfire on my comp, but i will keep my ati vga and go for an ati northbridge. in fact i'll most likely get the one that you recomended, Moiz. ty! :)

No problems mate. I recommended the board from sheer experience. DFI makes super quality boards and I certainly wasn't disappointed with this one. Better get a good cooler though(or add loads of fans to the case), since the damn card runs VERY hot. I have two of them, so I should know! I run a w\cooling rig so u might wanna opt for that instead of the cooler. Cheers and good luck :grinthumb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back