New monitor ACER LCD, getting a 'no signal' note.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like many people I have come to Techspot searching for answers.

I have this new monitor ACER LCD.
Im getting a 'no signal' note.
This happened once before but I'll be damned if I can remember how I made it go away.

Graphics card is RADEON X1900 GT.
I have a crt monitor hooked to the card as well.

Thank you in advance.

adboy

Thanks raybay, I hope to get a genius on the line some time soon, I've got a real need for this monitor.
Like I said the card is a radeon x1900gt thats pci, and it has 2 ports.
Hep me hep me.

Have you tried disconnecting the CRT and just tried booting from the LCD?
Have you updated your drivers for your graphics card for "plug in play" monitor? Are you trying to use dual screen? It might be some kind of compatibility issue with the analog and digital signal.

Hi Gosugod,

I have tried all of your suggestions. And they are good ones. Thanks.

The thing is that it gave me this 'no signal' issue prior to hooking up the crt.
I have the Acer running now but I'm plugged into the VGA at the monitor and I would prefer to be plugged in at the DVI.
Ultimatley yes I would like to get the 2 monitors running for tutorial purposes.
The monitor has both VGA and a DVI connection.
The Radeon X1900 card has 2 ports but maybe the monitors need to be same type.

Thanks

Ok when your LCD monitor is still on can you access the monitor menu? Usually a button on the monitor somewhere. Look around there and see if there is an option to "Input Select" Or something like that. See if you can select "DIGITAL".

It has something to do with analog vs a digitial signal.

If that doesn't work check your graphics card manual to see if there is some information about making it a digital signal.

Hey, I/we figured it out.
It was right in front of me. Basically.
Under the Control Panel - Display - Settings - it clearly shows 2 monitor icons.
I needed to pick in monitor 2, there is an option to Extend my windows desktop onto this monitor . And Shazam it worked.
I did go in and fiddle around with the input selections as you advised, this may have helped the fact also that I have 2 monitors lit up here - yahoo!.
Whatever the case is thanks for jogging my brain into some sort of detective work instead of just scratching it from the outside. Have a good one.

I do see that one shows my desktop with icons and the other doesnt - but I imagine I just need to move the screen over on monitor 2.

Thanks again

Mental note:Duh
There isnt supposed to be icons on the secondary monitor, whats the point - I should try sleeping at night.
Pretty darn slick the way you can drag windows from one monitor to the other.

Well at least you figured it out.

You told me you had booted from the LCD monitor 'ONLY' and still got the same problem. You could boot from the VGA port but not the DVI port? I was going to give you the steps to set up Dual Screens but you addressed your problem differently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back