TechSpot

New Nvidia beta driver boosts Crysis 3 performance by up to 65%

By Shawn Knight
Jan 28, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Nvidia recently released a new beta driver that is said to provide a performance boost in nearly a dozen popular titles. GeForce 313.95 beta arrives just one day ahead of a planned Crysis 3 multiplayer beta to give fans a...

Read more

2. fimbles

fimbles TS Evangelist Posts: 1,146   +192

Thanks for the heads up!

My old gtx 460s will still appreciate the sli profiles :)

3. VitalyT

VitalyT Russ-Puss Posts: 2,919   +1,176

Arh, I'm tired of the word Crysis everywhere, it is like computer ovulation for guys or something? I hear them talking of having a crisis on and on... damn...

4. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TS Evangelist Posts: 2,365   +710

its more of a real world comparison benchmark, if you get what im saying. Not many people play crysis simply for its gameplay.

5. soldier1969

soldier1969 TS Booster Posts: 244   +43

What about BF3 on that list? The 3 people that actually have a 690 appreciate the boost I'm sure. My 4Gb 680 will need this beta on ultra settings at 2560 x 1600 I'm sure.

6. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,765   +534

The only Crysis worth mentioning is the very first one, Crysis 2 was almost a joke in comparison.

I played the Alpha Multiplayer trials months ago for Crysis 3 and they haven't appeared to have changed much at all since Crysis 2, it just ran at a lower framerate.

7. hahahanoobs

hahahanoobs TS Evangelist Posts: 1,491   +324

Burty117
    I pre-ordered Crysis 2. It's just a really really bad game. I stopped playing it maybe a month or two after it came out. I played the campaign more than the multiplayer and I bought it for the multiplayer. What a waste of $60cdn.

soldier1969
    BF3 has been out for over a year. There is not much more nVIDIA or AMD can do to it to improve the performance. If you can't max out BF3 with a GTX 680 @ 2560x1600 by now, then there is something seriously wrong with your system. I can do Ultra w/no AA @ 1920x1080 with Vsync ON, using a Radeon 7870 GHz Ed 2GB (OC'd to 1100 core / 1300 mem), 4.5GHz 2500K and 8GB RAM, and it rarely if ever lags.

8. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,765   +534

I know how you feel, I had very high hopes for Crysis 2, I rarely pre-order games, actually the only game I had pre-ordered before it was Halo 3 (or 2? can't remember).

I took 2 days off for its release as I was itching to continue the Crysis story... how wrong I was.
    It was just a pile of horse poo covered in lady ga ga's perfume.
    I have yet to pre-order another game with the exception of Company of Heroes 2 and I certainly will think twice before purchasing a game from shitek again...

hahahanoobs likes this.