TechSpot

New Nvidia beta driver boosts Crysis 3 performance by up to 65%

By Shawn Knight
Jan 28, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Nvidia recently released a new beta driver that is said to provide a performance boost in nearly a dozen popular titles. GeForce 313.95 beta arrives just one day ahead of a planned Crysis 3 multiplayer beta to give fans a...

Read more

2. fimbles

fimbles TS Evangelist Posts: 1,264   +148

Thanks for the heads up!

My old gtx 460s will still appreciate the sli profiles :)

3. VitalyT

VitalyT TS Evangelist Posts: 1,827   +546

Arh, I'm tired of the word Crysis everywhere, it is like computer ovulation for guys or something? I hear them talking of having a crisis on and on... damn...

4. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TS Evangelist Posts: 1,923   +373

its more of a real world comparison benchmark, if you get what im saying. Not many people play crysis simply for its gameplay.

5. soldier1969

soldier1969 TS Booster Posts: 244   +43

What about BF3 on that list? The 3 people that actually have a 690 appreciate the boost I'm sure. My 4Gb 680 will need this beta on ultra settings at 2560 x 1600 I'm sure.

6. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,498   +306

The only Crysis worth mentioning is the very first one, Crysis 2 was almost a joke in comparison.

I played the Alpha Multiplayer trials months ago for Crysis 3 and they haven't appeared to have changed much at all since Crysis 2, it just ran at a lower framerate.

7. hahahanoobs

hahahanoobs TS Booster Posts: 968   +97

Burty117
    I pre-ordered Crysis 2. It's just a really really bad game. I stopped playing it maybe a month or two after it came out. I played the campaign more than the multiplayer and I bought it for the multiplayer. What a waste of $60cdn.

soldier1969
    BF3 has been out for over a year. There is not much more nVIDIA or AMD can do to it to improve the performance. If you can't max out BF3 with a GTX 680 @ 2560x1600 by now, then there is something seriously wrong with your system. I can do Ultra w/no AA @ 1920x1080 with Vsync ON, using a Radeon 7870 GHz Ed 2GB (OC'd to 1100 core / 1300 mem), 4.5GHz 2500K and 8GB RAM, and it rarely if ever lags.

8. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,498   +306

I know how you feel, I had very high hopes for Crysis 2, I rarely pre-order games, actually the only game I had pre-ordered before it was Halo 3 (or 2? can't remember).

I took 2 days off for its release as I was itching to continue the Crysis story... how wrong I was.
    It was just a pile of horse poo covered in lady ga ga's perfume.
    I have yet to pre-order another game with the exception of Company of Heroes 2 and I certainly will think twice before purchasing a game from shitek again...

hahahanoobs likes this.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.