New Nvidia beta driver boosts Crysis 3 performance by up to 65%

Shawn Knight

Staff member

Nvidia recently released a new beta driver that is said to provide a performance boost in nearly a dozen popular titles. GeForce 313.95 beta arrives just one day ahead of a planned Crysis 3 multiplayer beta to give fans a taste of the new game before it shows up in stores on February 19.

Performance gains will of course vary depending on what graphics card you are running as well as your supporting hardware. As The Tech Report highlights, those with a GeForce GTX 690 can expect to see a 65 percent performance boost.

nvidia crysis drivers performance crysis 3

The update includes SLI profiles for Crysis 3, DmC: Devil May Cry and Warframe so if you have a multi-GPU setup and are interested in any of the aforementioned games, you’ll likely want to pick this up. In fact, the update is recommended for anyone running a GTX 560 or higher.

For a more detailed breakdown, here’s what GeForce GTX 670 owners can expect on average for several titles:

• Up to 28 percent in Assassin’s Creed III
  • Up to 11 percent in Civilization V
  • Up to 8 percent in Far Cry 3
  • Up to 6 percent in Just Cause 2
  • Up to 5 percent in Deus Ex: Human Revolution
  • Up to 5 percent in Dirt 3
  • Up to 5 percent in Batman: Arkham City
  • Up to 5 percent in Far Cry 2
  • Up to 4 percent in Call of Duty: Black Ops II
  • Up to 3 percent in Shogun: Total War
  • Up to 3 percent in Stalker: Call of Pripyat

You can pick up the GeForce 313.95 beta drivers simply by choosing your operating system:

For notebooks:

Permalink to story.

Arh, I'm tired of the word Crysis everywhere, it is like computer ovulation for guys or something? I hear them talking of having a crisis on and on... damn...

Arh, I'm tired of the word Crysis everywhere, it is like computer ovulation for guys or something? I hear them talking of having a crisis on and on... damn...
its more of a real world comparison benchmark, if you get what im saying. Not many people play crysis simply for its gameplay.

What about BF3 on that list? The 3 people that actually have a 690 appreciate the boost I'm sure. My 4Gb 680 will need this beta on ultra settings at 2560 x 1600 I'm sure.

The only Crysis worth mentioning is the very first one, Crysis 2 was almost a joke in comparison.

I played the Alpha Multiplayer trials months ago for Crysis 3 and they haven't appeared to have changed much at all since Crysis 2, it just ran at a lower framerate.

Burty117
I pre-ordered Crysis 2. It's just a really really bad game. I stopped playing it maybe a month or two after it came out. I played the campaign more than the multiplayer and I bought it for the multiplayer. What a waste of $60cdn.

soldier1969
BF3 has been out for over a year. There is not much more nVIDIA or AMD can do to it to improve the performance. If you can't max out BF3 with a GTX 680 @ 2560x1600 by now, then there is something seriously wrong with your system. I can do Ultra w/no AA @ 1920x1080 with Vsync ON, using a Radeon 7870 GHz Ed 2GB (OC'd to 1100 core / 1300 mem), 4.5GHz 2500K and 8GB RAM, and it rarely if ever lags.

Burty117
I pre-ordered Crysis 2. It's just a really really bad game. I stopped playing it maybe a month or two after it came out. I played the campaign more than the multiplayer and I bought it for the multiplayer. What a waste of $60cdn.

I know how you feel, I had very high hopes for Crysis 2, I rarely pre-order games, actually the only game I had pre-ordered before it was Halo 3 (or 2? can't remember).

I took 2 days off for its release as I was itching to continue the Crysis story... how wrong I was.
It was just a pile of horse poo covered in lady ga ga's perfume.
I have yet to pre-order another game with the exception of Company of Heroes 2 and I certainly will think twice before purchasing a game from shitek again...

Back