New post same HJT, adding persistence question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Onus

I found out a lot since the last request for an HJT.

I'm asking if the attached picture is a persistent file error. I have uninstalled the folder (program, etc.). I only wish I had known to check the minidump before deleting the file.

Also, the program FirstDefense-ISR does not show in my directory, but I can see it in my scan. Customer support said I need to call Microsoft.

Kerio was closing a lot and I ran their cleaner. I'm confused though, while getting support, I couldn't figure out if I should run the cleaner or wait until I finished getting support from FD-ISR. I was asked to clean the computer again (no explanation).

I'm really kind of new at the HJT process, so do I uninstall-reinstall any of the downloads after I finished. I think your forum shows to delete the Housecalls download (Trend) if your running another firewall. And is file name .6housecall6.6 a valid filename. It looked peculiar to me.

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread HERE and decide what it is you want to do.

If after reading the above, you wish to clean your system, do the following.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Also, let me know the results of the AVG Antirootkit scan.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of Onus only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back