New Rig Specs - Help!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

I'm new to Techspot so thought i would give this a try!! Just bought some new parts for my system to upgrade it to the new spec as below -

Windows Vista Ultimate
Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 2.13Ghz*
Asus P5W DH Deluxe Mobo*
Radeon X1900XTX 512MB w/ Accelero X2 Cooler
2GB DDR2 5400
250GB Maxtor SATA HD
80GB Maxtor IDE HD

The parts with * next to them are in the post now! I am currently runnign Vista Ultimate with a P4 3.6Ghz on a Asus P5ND2-SLi Mobo.

Can you guys tell me if Vista will run quicker and smoother with the new mobo and CPU and will my games run faster eg. R6 Vegas, GRAW etc??

Any comments will be greatly appreciated as i wanna make sure i've made the right hardware choices. Thanks all.

the c2duo you picked processes about 3x faster than you old p4 actually, and the p6w board has great features, I think you'll notice a world of a difference with the new items, As a c2duo and Asus owner myself. I definately noticed a difference when I upgraded. Go for it.

Thanks for reply matey, you think i will see much difference in games as i have heard that C2D runs games slower than say a larger GHZ pentium 4?? Can i expect to see Vista speed up alot more too?? Anyone found Vista very sluggish at times?? My pc at the mo is more than enough to handle Vista but i can honestly say that its not making me go WOW at the moment!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back