New Skype

Netfox

Yo guys!
I prefer using e-Chat as a main messenger, but I still have some work contacts in Skype, which I don't really like much and it takes a lot of space on my mobile device. But yesterday I found a Lite version of Skype in Play Market, which seems to use much less space than the main version. But it's a kind of beta testing now.
Have you tried it, is it safe to try that version? Or it's better not to experiment with it and force my contacts to install e-Chat?

I would not use any beta product as it may have really serious security bugs.
Wait till it'll be fully released and then try it.
I hope that new skype version will not use phone storage to store data of the app.

Try the browser version of "Hangouts"
The point is that I need to use it on my phone as I don't have my notebook on me all the time and I have to be online almost 24 hours each day. So I need an app that will not eat all my phone memory.

I know, but that app takes a lot of phone space and it annoys me. I have to delete other programs in order to install Skype. That's why I'm asking about lite beta version.

That's because Skype and similar crappy apps store all the data in your phone memory instead of cloud storage which is really annoying.

That's because Skype and similar crappy apps store all the data in your phone memory instead of cloud storage which is really annoying.
And do you think that cloud storage is safe? There were too many cases of stealing the data from different cloud services. I think it's also not the best decision.

And do you think that cloud storage is safe? There were too many cases of stealing the data from different cloud services. I think it's also not the best decision.

No, I mean even cloud storage is not safe.
But there is no other option as we live in digital era already.
Or you can imagine to store data on paper sheets?

No, I mean even cloud storage is not safe.
But there is no other option as we live in digital era already.
Or you can imagine to store data on paper sheets?

There is always dark sides of each evolution step.
Storing data on papers might be safe if they will not be lost or fired.
On the other hand, none can provide security for cloud storage as it's starts with servers which also can be destroyed.

There is always dark sides of each evolution step.
Storing data on papers might be safe if they will not be lost or fired.
On the other hand, none can provide security for cloud storage as it's starts with servers which also can be destroyed.

Agree with you here.
We can only control over its usage and improve it.

Agree with you here.
We can only control over its usage and improve it.
I think I've found a way out.Have you heard about Utopia? It's a new all-in-one messenger that promises to be fully encrypted. Even memes are already made about it. Seems to become popular

Attachments

• 15.jpeg
    15.jpeg
    68.5 KB · Views: 0
Back