New System, no Video after BIOS Update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I apologize in advance if I posted this in the wrong forum but, I’m at wits end. I recently put a new system together basically from the ground up. The initial start up was fine, installed windows and got to installing system drivers in windows no problem. Here is where I think I screwed up, I went and updated the BIOS, the system restarted, but no video. I got a amber light on the monitor, hard drive and the whole nine in the case are working/running. Try restarting multiple times, same thing. So, disconnect the power and took the BIOS/CMOS battery out and waited about an hour. I reinstalled the battery, started it back up, I get, “CMOS CHECKSUM BAD” and gives two options, “PRESS F-1 TO ENTER SET UP” or “F-2 TO LOAD DEFAULTS AND COUTINUE”. You press F-1 and it opens the BIOS menu, when I get that far, I’ve tried “USE DEFAULT” or “OPTIMISE”, same outcome. I hit F-2 and it loads defaults but I have a 1 in 10 chance of getting to windows or even the safe mode screen. But after a bit, the screen goes black, and I’m back at no video. All my parts are fresh out of the box and to my knowledge there shouldn’t be conflicts. A friend of mine I work with is having a similar issue, and I’m 99% sure his set up is different from mine.

System specs:
MoBo: MSI K9N Diamond AM2 (NVIDIA n-Force 590 SLI)
CPU: AMD 64 X2 4200
Vid. Card: HIS Radeon x1650 512mb PCI Express
H/D: Hitachi Deskstar 7k160 160gb 7200rpm
Memory: Kingston 240 pin DDR2 2x512 (1G)
O/S: Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back