New to water cooling and now I have an idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

wallabing

Well I got my water cooling system installed that cools the CPU and VGA. Now I want to start looking at cooling my Northbridge and memory sticks. I have the idea of installing a 80mm radiator with a 80mm fan onto the side window panel of my case, and using that with a pump to cool the northbridge and memory. My case will have 2 independent water cooling systems if I do this.

And all my fans with be controlled by a front panel fan controller.

Heres the memory cooler I am interested in

http://www.svc.com/ram-30-v06.html

So:

Does it sound good?

Should I use a reservior if I do?

You are going to want KingCody to answer anything related to water cooling.

and

Welcome to Techspot
enjoy the stay

:wave: :wave:

I personally don't see the need for 2 water cooling sytems or even cooling for the northbridge and memory at all..unless you are overclocking..maybe.You will probably see very little differnece in performance, especially when using a small 80mm radiator.

hi wallabing,

1. independent water circuits are always the best way to go if you have the space for it.

2. the memory cooler looks pretty cool. I have always been interested in getting those but my ram never gets hot enough to make it worth it for me.

3. while it is true that there is little performance gained by water cooling the northbridge, it is still worth doing in my opinion. because you won't have to hear the whiny little northbridge fan anymore, and it will reduce your overall system temps.

and 80mm radiators work fine for cooling a CPU, so it will definitely be enough for a northbridge and RAM. I wouldn'y recommend mounting any water cooling component on the side panel because you will have to run long hoses to allow access to the computer, and you should keep your hoses as short as possible

4. yes, i think you should use a reservoir. but it's not required and you may not have the space for it.

do you already have a reservoir for your CPU/GPU? could you add inlets and outlets for your second water circuit?

5. I assume that you already have your CPU and GPU watercooled. now that you'll be water cooling the NB and RAM, that leaves your HDD as the last remaining source of significant heat. once you water cool that you will have the coolest PC! (pun intended ;))

looks good to me... good luck :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back