New YouTube app for iOS, Android gains multitasking and playlist searching

By Jos
Aug 20, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Fresh from crushing the hopes for an officially supported YouTube app on Windows Phone, Google is rubbing some salt in Microsoft’s wounds by announcing a major update to its iOS and Android clients. Among the new features available on both...

Read more
  2. wastedkill

wastedkill TechSpot Maniac Posts: 1,043   +218

So does this mean the android youtube app works like a app should now? as in=
    1. Being able to press the screen off button so I can listen to stuff without having to have my screen on constantly then it bugging out on me because its in my pocket.. really annoying
    2. The app going along with your screen rotation settings as in once screen rotation disabled it doesnt auto screen rotate which goes against the setting....
    3. Ability to play all my favorites instead of one at a time... pathetic if you ask me playlists work but favorites dont o.O

Tbh google did a extremely poor job on the youtube app for android my S3 is wanting to kill the person who was project manager for the android youtube app.
  3. davislane1

davislane1 TechSpot Guru Posts: 1,177   +441

Been testing out the iOS version tonight. Overall it's a great improvement over the outgoing app, but the gesture commands could use a little more calibration.
  4. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 2,806   +702

Well that's as useful as tits on a bull. How do you fully concentrate on multiple things at once?
  5. Been testing it out on my Android Jelly Bean, but I couldn't figure out how to make the progress bar appear while viewing in full screen. The new Picture in Picture is cool, but pointless if they make important features we already know and depend on harder to reach. I hope it's some sort of bug that gets fixed in an upcoming update.
  6. "Chromebox"? You mean Chromecast, right?

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.