Newly Built PC wont Load Bios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunzy19

Hi, I just recently bought and assembled my new computer. After assembling it all it wont seem to load the BIOS. The monitor just reads that its in Power Save Mod, Activate using PC. Ive tried a million different things, Can Anyone Lead me in the right Direction. There is no onboard graphics card, so Ive tried swithching the ram around and tried multiple different monitors. If anyone can help me out, it would be greatly appreciated.

Specs:
Asus A8N-SLI Premium Mobo
AMD 64 Athlon 3700+ Processor
eGeforce 8400 GS PCI-Express Graphics Card
160GB SATA Hard Drive
4x512mb SuperTalent DDR400 ram
Dual 500w Power Supply

- When I first tried to boot it up, it turned on and started to load the bios i think but then after about 1 minute, the computer shut down, and after that nothing. The Powersupply fan, CPU fan, Graphics card fan all are spinning. Also the Mobo LED lights up.

Is there a 4 or 8 pin connector near the CPU that needs a cable from the power supply to be plugged in, similar to Intel boards?

Tmagic:
yes there is a 4-pin connector close to the CPU, I have it Plugged in.
I have tried taking the mobo out and using only nessasary components (CPU, Ram, Videocard) and still nothing. I also reset the CMOS too, and nothing. People on other forums have posted similar problems with this board, and this one guy found the solution to be with the Ram being incompatible. Im not sure what to do, However If I cant resolve it quickly, Im going to take it to a local repair shop, which I'd rather not considering Im low on cash. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

What power supply do you have (besides being 500W)? Hopefully not one that came with the case.

Yes Im Using the Standard ATX Power Supply that came with the Case. It was a cheap case so that could be the problem. Its a Codegen Technology Dual 500w Power Supply, and a Super Power Case..

I would try a known good power supply if you have one available. If not, buy a good one. Cheap cases come with correspondingly crappy power supplies. I have nothing against cheap cases as long as you know what you're getting. I've used them myself. However, I try to buy cases without power supplies or if it's unavoidable, I discard the cheap PSU.

okay well thank you, I will try to get my hands a different power supply, hopefully that is the problem. Perhaps my Videocard requires more amps than the power supply provides. Ill post back when I get home. Thanks for the help.

Okay I overlooked my Graphics card and PowerSupply. On the Graphics card it says Minimum requirements to be 350w PSU with a minimum of 20 amps on the +12 volt rail. On the PSU that i have ( came with the case) it reads Dual 500w and in the DC = max output section, that on +12v1 = 8A and under +12v2 = 14A. So unless you add these two together, I Wouldn't have enough Amps flowing to the Video Card, Causing the blank screen on the monitor, correct? Its from my understanding this is correct, and since they told me at the store that the PSU in the case would be good enough for the videocard, they should be able to replace the PSU or refund my money for the case, right?

For gaming that is one weak power supply. They might refund your money but it would be simpler if you could just turn in the old power supply and trade up to a better one. See if they will do that. Even if they won't, I would just buy a good PSU and keep the case instead of going through the trouble of disassembling everything out of the old case and reinstalling it in the proposed new case. But that's up to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back