TechSpot

Next generation Magnetic RAM partnership

By Arris
Sep 16, 2002
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So its likely that we see prototypes of Mram before Jedec get round to issuing a definitive specification for DDR400 :rolleyes:
    With RDRam being phased out now this will mean all platforms will be DDR until the release of Mram. I doubt very much if any manufacturers will be releasing another memory technology between now and Mram. They are speculating that mass production of Mram will be round 2005 so I suppose it isn't totally unfeasible for another memory technology to emerge in the next few years...
  2. Rick

Rick TechSpot Staff Posts: 6,304   +52 Staff Member

It's time for EDO to make its comeback!
  3. Arris

Arris TS Evangelist Topic Starter Posts: 4,551   +97

Ace.. I have a couple of 4meg EDO simms kicking about somewhere. Do you think that will be enough to run windows XP?
  4. Phantasm66

Phantasm66 TS Rookie Posts: 6,504   +6

Nope, but they can be made into a rather attractive keyring...
  5. Arris

As attractive as the first batch of Pentium processors that were faulty and ended up being made into gold plated cufflinks..
  6. Arris

Oh well at least Julio found this information over at Cnet and posted it on the frontpage ;)
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.