Nforce sound problem, no 5.1 sound

Status
Not open for further replies.
nforce sound problem,need help

I have just recently bought a set of altec lansing 251 speakers and I have had no luck getting the rear or center speakers working. The sub and front sound great. I have the newest driver for the onboard sound from windows update and have been through many settings within the control panel for the sound apu.
I have been using ati's dvd player and no 5.1 sound, does ati's dvd even support it ?
I am to the point that I think I must not be running application that puts out 5.1 sound. How could I test it?

My motherboard is an Abit nv7-133r .

If I might ask, what did you do to fix it? Someone may have that problem in the future and it could save them some time.

Same Problem

I have the same problem with the Turtle Beach Santa Cruz and Altec Lansing 251s but I the speakers work fine for games like Unreal Tournament 2003. Once I start playing a DVD though the rear speaks hardly work at all.....they just hiss a lot and let out a small sounds from the movie. This is all with thems witched to 6 channel mode. If I turn the switch on them to 2/4 channel then the rear speakers work a lot better with DVDs but it does not sound nearly as good in Unreal Tournament 2003. Could anyone please help me?!?!!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back