TechSpot

Nine out of 10 Americans now use the Internet, latest survey finds

By Shawn Knight
Feb 27, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. The World Wide Web is set to celebrate its 25th anniversary in just a few short weeks. The occasion provided Pew Research with a timely opportunity to gauge the impact of the rapid growth of the Internet since its inception.

Read more

2. wastedkill

wastedkill TS Evangelist Posts: 1,392   +329

Another unrealistic survey, let me guess the 1/10 are the people that are homeless....

EClyde likes this.
  3. Mike Steele

Mike Steele TS Enthusiast Posts: 37   +6

Not sure who did this survey. maybe a room of geeks and a door man with no hands. I'm trying to get 50 people at a retirement home to learn the basics. most can't even work a mouse or know how to turn the pc on.

EClyde likes this.
  4. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TS Evangelist Posts: 2,754   +1,107

This is a little misleading... I know quite a few people who use the internet because they have to, not because they like it. Everything is online now so people are forced to learn some of it and use it. There are a LOT of people out there with blue-collar jobs who went through school before typing was part of the lesson plan. The internet seems intimidating and pointless to them.

That's because they watch too much TV and don't do anything actual thinking.

EClyde likes this.