No Audio Device Hardware all installed and working properly according to Windows XP

By Captain Power
Nov 1, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey guys I figured i;d ask here since I habe had good luck in the past from here. A few days ago I lost sound on my PC and I checked all of the spots and all of my audio hardware is installed and working correctly but I still have "No Audio Device in sounds and multimedia. I thought maybe the sound card was gone so i removed it and ran with the on board which detected and installed drivers and said was working but still same error with No Audio Device. I am confused as I have eliminated Hardware from the issue and am convinced its a Windows issue, I will try to update the Chipset drivers and such but I wanted to know if any of you had run into the same issue and had a fix for it I wanna continue making my Custom Guitar Hero Songs lol. Thanks in advance for all of your help.

Cheers!!
  2. Blind Dragon

Blind Dragon TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 4,048

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.