No Audio Device

Status
Not open for further replies.

flemo

Hi,new member here :grinthumb

the problem i have is pretty simple :eek:
i had my laptop rebooted as windows crashed,i am on XP,my laptop is a sony vaio VGN-FS415E,when i got my laptop back,i noticed that there was no sound working on my laptop,i went into CP and brought up sounds and audio devices,i noticed that my laptop now had no audio device,now i've looked this problem up on the sony vaio website,on here i was given a link to a microsoft hotfix that was supposed to solve the problem,i run the hotfix and frustratingly nothing happened,i have also run Driver Robot and installed all the new drivers with it,stil no audio device! can anyone help,i'm not that clued up on computer/tech speak but can get by ok if things are kept simple,thanks in advance if anyone can offer any help ;)

You can autodetect your Vaio model by clicking here:

Then locate your Audio driver
Download it, and install it
Then Restart

I hope that's easy :)

hi,thanks for reply,
when i click on the link you provided the new window opens,and a info bar at the top of the page comes up asking if i'd like to run the operation,i click on the info bar and nothing happens so i cant progress to locating my model and which driver i need :eek:
thanks

i've managed to get past that now and it says that model has been detected and updating page,but it just seems stuck and the page doesnt update???

Obviously Sony hasn't made all this perfectly User friendly
So I decided just to look it up myself manually
I got redirected to Europe Server (obviously bought somewhere in Europe)
And here's your driver ! (I decided to add the Manual as well just in case ;))

Your Support page: http://support.vaio.sony.eu/computing/vaio/downloads/updates/index.aspx?l=en_GB&m=VGN-FS415E

User Guide Manual: ftp://ftp.vaio-link.com/pub/Manuals/Notebooks/FS4/FS4_H_EN.pdf (note: for this one I just right click, and select save)
Original Drivers Package: ftp://ftp.vaio-link.com/pub/Vaio/Original/FS4_Drivers.zip
This one is pretty good: Vaio Update: ftp://ftp.vaio-link.com/pub/Downloads/SO/A/VUD/SOAVUD-01451800-UN.exe
Audio update filter: ftp://ftp.vaio-link.com/pub/Downloads/SO/A/MAF/SOAMAF-01589100-UN.exe

I really hope that helps in testing this one issue on: if your driver is updated
Just download them and run them and install them, then Restart
I can't think what problem there might be from doing this, but please do let me know

thanks alot kimsland :D
do i now d/l and install the original driver package which you posted the link to in the post above??? thanks

Good, the Audio driver is in that original Driver package (I downloaded it myself, ironically accidentally - it downloaded in the background )

Anyway, please read the text file, in that Audio folder
You may need to first uninstall all your present audio drivers first (again)
Then install the first driver folder setup, then the next one (as stated in the Readme document)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back