No BOIS Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had P4P800-E ASUS Motherboard. Before the PC was shut down completely, I accidently pluged in another HD(removable HD). And then the PC cannot turn off except for removing the power cord. The PC cannot turn on then, there is no BOIS Screen. I did clear up the BOIS, but it does not change anything. The HDs were tested and they all work in other PC. What will happen on the Motherboard? or How can I determine which part is wrong?

Thanks.

Leon

its a pain, but remove all non essential cards, drives, etc from your system. Jumper the bios to clear it (I know you've done once already) and try powering it back up. Basically u need to put the system into the simplest state to make sure it is functional at a minimum level. Good luck!

I put everything out except for video and hd and cleared bois. Unfortunately, the screen is still black. Is there any way to determine weather of not the motherboard or CPU works?
Thanks.

If you plugged in another removable IDE hard drive while the PC was on, you have probably destroyed the motherboard, because only serial devices can be plugged in that way. USB, Firewire, SATA, etc., are serial devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back