No cd or dvd burner has been detected windows media player 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Son of Sam

ive been googling for awhile and now im startin to get piste.

my burner works and is detected by nero 6 and it burns. Device manager shows the correct model (lite-on LTR-48327S). i tried uninstalling and reinstalling it, and stopping and restarting the IMAPI CD-Burning COM Service, and wmp10 is still givin me that no cd or dvd burner has been detected junk. i think i might need to tweak something in the registery, but i have no idea of where to even look (except somewhere in the registery).

i usually dont use wmp to burn but i need to for my specific project. pm me if u think you need all the details or might know a work around. gotta love that freedom of speech...

oh yeah, im runnin xp pro sp1

mmmm no it doesnt. i need to use the nero quick burning plug in with wmp to burn these albums to a .nrg. i cant use jus straight nero for reasons that may lead to the thread being locked. gotta love that first ammendment huh.

thanks anyway Spike

Google for "Media Monkey". Its the mp3 organizer i use. It works hand-in-hand with Nero to burn playlists created in it. I use it because it's simple(no flashy animations and stuff) and can minimized to the system tray.

media monkey didnt work :(. i'll just have to find em again. unless someone happens to have The Grateful Deads Europe '72 set that they can get to me somehow... figure its worth a try... thanks fer the help guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back