No conclusions in many Threads

Liquidlen

Maybe it's just me,but in the last few months I have noticed that a lot of threads just fade into nothing.
I really admire this Forum and love interacting with the people here. However, I come here also to learn.One way to do that is if a thread starter returns to their post , and states the conclusion of their issue and How it was accomplished.
I have used the Search function many times and it does work,but it would help a lot more if you actually see the steps toward an answer.
Maybe the required reading for New members could be amended.
I looked through the Introductory greeting Sticky and did not see this subject matter .If i missed it somewhere I hope one of the Moderators will discreetly delete my Post.

We often ask or offer users that have found solutions to their problem(s) to come back & post it but for some reason, once there aren't any problems anymore, the urge is no longer present.;)

It goes from Help!!! Urgent !!! Nedd Help Fast !!! etc. to I'll come back to post the solution if I have the time.

There isn't really a way to force them to post it either. You can only hope that they found the forums to be pleasant enough to warrant making the effort of coming back to say how they worked it out.:)

Oh I am sure that is always going to happen,that's why I thought if the suggestion was at least made it might induce a few people to follow through.
I am glad someone else agree's ,Pheeooo! I thought it was just me gettig touchy in my old age.

And to be honest with you the only thing that adding another line into the Agreement or Ways to Post properly will just result in another line that people just skip over and don't pay attention to.
But I agree it would be nice if they all came back and told us how they fixed it, even if it was "I formatted everything". That way we at least know.

Hoorah! Hoorah!

Hi all,

I'm a newbie here, but I completely agree with the idea of posting the final results of "bending the ears" of folks such as yourselves, people who have way more experience with this stuff than myself!!!

I found this sight very helpful recently when I was considering building my first PC. I started feeling guilty that I was taking too long getting back to let everyone know what I ended up doing, but I finally made it back and all is well for now.

I don't have much experience with PC's, so for now I'm asking questions. Maybe someday I'll be able to actually post something that will help solve someone else's issue. :grinthumb

Thanks again,

ahnadahodo :approve:

Even if you only post question you help others, as someone else might have the same problem as you have. Thus if you ask a question, and then telll if any of the answers/suggestions worked you'll be helping others :)

That way we also get to keep a better database of threads, as we'll have more threads with conclusions others can use later on.

So yes, I agree that people should post back telling us if it worked or not.
But instead of having it in the TOS or above the textbox, how about reminding people to post back if it worked/didnt' work when coming up with an answer/suggestion?

MrGaribaldi said:
So yes, I agree that people should post back telling us if it worked or not.
But instead of having it in the TOS or above the textbox, how about reminding people to post back if it worked/didnt' work when coming up with an answer/suggestion?
I have seen that happen a couple of times, but to be honest that gets kind of redundant after a while, seeing that in ever post. Just my personal opinion. And even though people say that sometimes, users simply don't come back anyway. Just the nature of the beast unfortunately.
Maybe we can give it a try to see how it looks, but that takes us regulars to remember to say it when we are finished posting. Also it might sound like you are beating a dead horse if multiple people reply and they all say "Post back if it helped or not, and how you fixed it"

Back