No detection of Sound Blaster 5.1 creative on my computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Computer Specs:
intel 865pe neo2
pentium 4 2.4 ghz

ok so i buy a new sound card (Sound Blaster creative 5.1 ) today and i installed it in a pci slot. I turned on the computer and it doesn't detect it, even if i go in to my control panel > device manager. I then try a different slot and it still doesn't detect it. i then goto my bios and disable onboard audio AC97 but the sound blaster still didn't get detected. I thought my sound card could be broken so I took this sound card and installed it on to my bro's computer which is an AMD Athlon 1.2 ghz Thunder bird and the sound blaster gets detected! What's wrong with my computer? Why can't it be detected? Is it the mother board?? cause if it is, then wouldn't ALL pci slots not work? When i switched the slots for the sound card, i switched it to a slot where it DID work with my network card was inserted before. I doubt my mother board is broken physically but i DO think it has to do with my bios. Help please!

Plug and play not working

Please go to Start the run, type in exactly:
services.msc
<OK>

Maximize the services window, that opens
Scroll down to "Plug and Play"
Confirm it is set for Automatic, and started
If it is exit out
If it isn't, double click on it, and change the Startup to automatic, then restart (for the new PCI card to be detected).

Also, confirm that you are an Administrator account
Got to Control Panel and select User Accounts.

Please reply back with any info, from doing this check

Go to Device Manager

Start -> Control Panel -> System -> Hardware -> Device Manager

Do you have any yellow querrrie marks in there ?
If so remove them and restart

You say it may be a corrupt Bios, so have you got the latest bios version installed ?
https://www.techspot.com/tweaks/bios/

machine would not boot with corrupt bios
at least I've never seen one do it
check busmastering in bios
check for jumpers to disable sound
ignore and try to load the audio drivers
ct or sb model card good luck installing drivers
if dell clone throw it out ,dell had creative make a card for them it is junk
you can tell the chip on sound card is real small will have dell creative model number

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back