No-detection problem with Maxtor MaxLine III/ASUS A8n-E motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

_Foba_

Hello everybody, I really hope that you can help me with this problem. I've been checking different forums for the answer, as also Microsoft web pages but haven't found a clear solution.

I'm using a brand new ASUS A8N-E motherboard (nVidia4 chipset) and a Maxtor MaxLine III HD (SATAII). I managed to get it work somehow earlier, but yesterday I started-up my computer and when I got to Windows the SATA drive was not recognized. It's not even recognized in the BIOS. I have another IDE HD as a master (Samsung IDE) and this SATA HD as a slave. It worked fine for a few days but no more.

I have checked the forums of Maxtor and NVidia and there was something said that these two doesn't match well together.

Somebody told also that if you replace the Nvidia4 SATA drivers with the Microsoft SATA drivers the problem would be solved but: where the hell I can find these replacing drivers, I couldn't find them from the Microsoft web site :( I tried to do it from the XP CD but the installation is just offering me the NVidia4 SATA drivers, which are already installed to the system.

I have to get it work somehow and I hope that somebody could help me please.

BR,

Teemu from Finland

Maybe the SATA drive is just dead? If it's not found in BIOS, then drivers have nothing to do with your problem. Check all the cables, put the drive in another computer and see if it is recognised there.

I'm sure that the HD is OK. It flashed one time when I was rebooting my computer - meaning that for a while it was accessible but I had to reboot my computer again and boom, it wasn't there anymore. I have a hard time to believe that the HD i bought two days ago is already dead... it's possible of course but, still...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back