No display after upgrading video card

[FONT=HPRegular]Please help. I have just purchased a HP Pavilion p62480ea desktop PC. This all worked fine out of the box.[/FONT]
[FONT=HPRegular]I also purchased a Geforece GTX 650 Ti graphics card - when I put this in I'm getting no signal on my monitor - using HDMi and DVI cables. (I also installed a new 430w power supply)[/FONT]
[FONT=HPRegular] [/FONT]
[FONT=HPRegular]When I take the graphics card out and go back to the GPU on the motherboard everything works fine.[/FONT]
[FONT=HPRegular] [/FONT]
[FONT=HPRegular]I've read that going into the BIOS and turning off delete/uninstall the video driver in device manager>>>turn off computer>>>install the graphics card - has worked for others. [/FONT]
[FONT=HPRegular]I've tried going into the BIOS but I'm getting no signal when I restart this way.[/FONT]
[FONT=HPRegular] [/FONT]
[FONT=HPRegular]If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated.[/FONT]

Did you connect the six pin PCI-E power connector from the power supply to the graphics card?

Hi, Yes I connected the PCI-E. I've read that I need to go into the BIOS with the original GPU connected and disable secure startup. All is working fine from the GPU on the motherboard in normal mode, but as soon as I restart in BIOS I get no signal.

Does the BIOS have video setting to boot IGP, PCIe, or Auto? You may need to make a manual adjustment if it is set to IGP.

Back