No Display Input?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ceus73

I recently built my PC and all was working fine, i installed a few drivers that came with the hardware, restarted the computer and when it came back on there was a message on the screen that said 'No Display Input'

I have taken it all apart and put it all back together again a few times and nothing has happened.

I then sent the motherboard back to where i purchased it and they tested it and found nothing wrong, sent it back.

Can anyone help? It could be to do with the motherboards intergrated graphics chip because i also have a graphics card insatlled.

PC SPECS

Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H Motherboard
ATI 4850 HD
4GB Ram
AMD Phenom 2.3ghz x3 processor

Please help :(

if the MOBO came back tested and all clear then you should discount it. Try taking the card out and using the on-board graphics. If that works it should narrow down the cause.

Remove any addon PCI Cards (including your Vid card again)
Whilst you're at it, confirm all internal connections are secure

Unplug everything from the back (including everything! ie keyboard, Mouse, power, you name it)
Hold the ON button in for 30 secs dispersing all internal voltage

Plug in the Video cable and the Power cable only
Turn on

Still the same? This time unplug the internal HardDrive and DVD Drive (motherboard data end)
Try again

Still the same?
You will need to benchtest your Motherboard. But I think (at a guess) it's either internal connections (ie the 4pin power plug not connected or something) or it's likely faulty: Power Supply

Should use only 1 stick of the ram for benchtest - alternate between all 4 to 'prove' them.

That graphics card requires '450 Watt or greater power supply with 75 Watt 6-pin PCI Express® power connector recommended'.

Thanks guys illtry everything you've suggested and tell you how it goes

Im also gonna test all the components individually in another PC, the power supply is 750w so i dont think theres a problem there

The Gigabyte site doesn't mention a 6 pin PCI-E auxilliary power connector on the specs. It does have one does it?

nope

it has a 20 pin and a 4 pin on the motherboard, the graphics card has a 6 pin connector socket on it

So, mobo checks out ( so they say).

Card works in another comp.

Onboard doesn't work either.

Culprit is Mr. Green in the Kitchen with a suspect monitor or monitor cable.

Maybe.

i tried overclocking the processor shortly before the pc stopped working which could be the problem, could have burned out. I've already reset the cmos values and taken and replaced the motherboards battery, no luck there though.

"I recently built my PC and all was working fine, i installed a few drivers that came with the hardware, restarted the computer and when it came back on there was a message on the screen that said 'No Display Input'"

"i tried overclocking the processor shortly before the pc stopped working which could be the problem, could have burned out. I've already reset the cmos values and taken and replaced the motherboards battery, no luck there though"

You are a Bad Bad Person! LoL

What concerns me the most is that onboard graphics don't work.

Have you tested the monitor AND cable(s) on another comp?

If so, your PSU is now suspect.

(this is FUN isn't it?)

Because, if it is OK and all else is then God Hates You!

I am in a mood tonight!

BUT, you do have a serious dilemna.

Fixed

Thanks for all the input guys, the problem is now fixed.

i was taking the processor out to send it back when i noticed bent pins, got a pair of tweezers and straightened them out :p

Put it back in and it worked :D

Thanks for the update :grinthumb
The 4th post here, on Benchtesting it, would have discovered that too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back