No image is getting to monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.
when i turned my computer on, the resolution was locked at the lowest it could be, so i turned off the graphics card for my computer and restarted. when the computer came back on, i knew the computer was running but there was no image on the screen at all. all i got was blankness...and i have no idea how to turn the graphics card back on. any help would be greatly appreciated

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

When you say you turned off the graphics card. I`m not sure what you mean.

How and where did you turn off the card?

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Is your graphics card an agp or pci card that you can remove or is it on an onboard chip on the motherboard?
If you can take the graphics card out then do so and try another card.
Also, resetting your bios may be of help. Usually you remove the power cord from the wall, take out the round cmos battery and find the 3 pins nearest the battery and move the jumper from pins 1 and 2 to pins 2 and 3, wait a minute or two and then put everything back the way it was, move the jumper back to pins 1 and 2, put battery back in, power cord back in wall and turn on pc.
If you have onboard video and you have uninstalled it then you are in trouble. Like howard_hopkinso stated, we need more accurate info on just exactly what you did do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back