"No input Signal" when turning on the PC (on monitor)

Hello.

I am fairly new to building PC's.
I got the ASRock B450M Steel Legend MOBO and wanted to now:
BIOS version P2.90 supports the AMD Ryzen 5 3600.

If I turn on my (newly) built PC, fans are spinning, LED seems to be working and you can hear it turning on, I get a blackscreen and can't get into the BIOS, "No Signal Input" it says on the monitor.

- I know that the monitor works 100% because I checked it with my other PC
- I checked the HDMI connector
- I checked the PCIE connector that connects the PSU to the GPU (Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060)
- I checked the DIMM slots if the RAM is correctly placed into the MOBO
- I checked if the GPU is correctly placed into the PCIE x16 slo

- HDMI is plugged into the GPU port

I am wondering what's causing the issue then. Someone someone suggested that I try to connect the GPU to the monitor via a DVI cabel because of "secure boot".

If somebody has got any suggestions on what to do to get into the BIOS, I would gladly appreciate it.

Thanks.

Have you tried a different cable? I know it seems dumb but I would try that first. Also what monitor do you have? Because I have a similar issue oersay and I just got a new lg ips led and noticed that I need the monitor on before I turn the PC on or else I get no signal.

Edit: didn't mean to Necro, I'm on mobile and first time on the site, I didn't see the date.

Unplug the cable running from your monitor to your PC and plug it back in, making sure the connection is firm. The most common cause of this error is a loose cable If the "No Input Signal" error still appears, the problem does not rest with the cables or the monitor, but with your PC.

Is this your board?

Reset bios defaults. Did you install Windows on AHCI in bios?

Back