No IPv6 support on new belkin routers

Status
Not open for further replies.
No IPv6 support on new Belkin routers per Belkin tech support.

Subject
Support for IPv6 on the Play Max Wireless Router

Does the Play Max Wireless Router support IPv6 on the WAN side, LAN side or both.

Thank you in advance.

Discussion Thread

Response (Santosh B.C) 04/05/2010 10:38 AM
Hi,

Thank you for contacting Belkin Technical Support.

Thank you for taking the time to write to us. We understand that you want to configure the router with IP V 6 Ip address.

We are sorry to state that Belkin router can only be configured for Internet protocol TCP/IP version 4.

Thank you,

Should you have any further questions, please take a moment to review our Knowledge Base at belkin.com/support or let us know.

Please ensure that in order to reply to this email, or access any attachments, you must follow the link shown above and click 'update' at the bottom of the email to be able to respond. Do not reply as we will not receive your email.

Santosh B.C
Technical Support Agent
Belkin Technical Support
Customer (C. M.) 04/03/2010 06:30 AM

Well time to look at the Cisco Linksys E3000 instead. As that's where I headed for. Why over the Easter Weekend I was helping my brother-in-law setup his free Cisco Linksys 802.1n from Cox Communcations. He and I have Cox both have the same plan. But I didn't see what the fact that his wireless 802.11n downloads was very quick. Even though be both have Power Boost, his E2000 is quicker than Belkin N+. Wow! An on the Gizmo site online there is a short review on E3000 in 802.11n mode and it's quick. There is EnGenius ESR9850 that's suppose to be showing 700mbps on LAN to WAN and WAN to LAN on wired connections where P2P is showing 19,721 max connections instead of the norm 200 max simulations connections. As 802.11n is over 100mbps too.This is 10/100/1000mbps the NPU is all-in-one SOC meaning the wireless chipset is integrated into the chip. NPU speed is 384MHz and the onboard RAM is 32MB. Online this wireless 802.11n router is only $49 to $59 on some sites. Belkin N+ V2 uses this setup, but looks like some other companies have spiked up the firmware or hardware to get max connections speeds.

After two years of owning first Belkin N+ it has served me very well. But like all PCB wireless routers they tend to degrade and start acting up after heavy duty usage like I have place this router though. Plus these newer routers seem to have full speed ahead not like 2008, 2009 where they seem to be half speed. 2010 wireless routers not all but those I've mentions are set to the max instead of mid-way! Gig connection is suppose to be 600-700mbps not 100-200mbps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back