TechSpot

No Mic input?

By herringtonjc
May 9, 2008
  1. I have a regular old desktop microphone as well as a headset. For some reason my computer doesn't have voice recognition or something.

I went to Control Panel>Speech and Audio and set the volume all the way up on my Mic, as well as taking off the mute. I have a Sound Blaster Live! 24-bit...

The microphone itself doesn't have a volume control or mute switch on it, it's an older labtec mic, and I can't seem to find my headset.

I'm not too sure why this bothers me so much, I may just break down, and tear my tower apart, throw a new sound card in, and buy a new microphone...

^.^ Any ideas?

2. CCT

CCT TS Evangelist Posts: 2,653   +6

Control Panel, Sounds and Audio Devices, Voice, Voice recording, Test Hardware.

3. herringtonjc

herringtonjc TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 51

Man, I went to tinkering around with it, and now my speakers aren't playing either, this sound card is rubbish...

4. ctmaster08

ctmaster08 TS Rookie

re download the sound card drivers aka software re set and test the settings if that don't work then your sound card is crap.

5. herringtonjc

herringtonjc TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 51

I reinstalled it all via software drivers and all. Everything set at default, the speakers are working again, but still no mic... I decided I could care less, I type fast enough anyway ^.^

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.