No monitor, How do i disable onboard graphics card

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey everyone

my sisters emachine of 3 yrs of age has finally had its first problem, the onboard
video card seems to have failed, in an attempt i bought a cheap graphics card
hoping to resolve the problem, a"256MB AGP Geforce Fx5200", ive been told that i need to disable the onboard graphics card first, before the other card can take over, but the whole reason why i even bought the card, was because i cant see her monitor, so there is no way i can change the settings, i am not new to computers, but i am very new to this problem, any info or suggestions as to what i can do to fix the problemswould be very much appreciated, thnx

Disable the Onboard Grapphix in DEVICE MANAGER. Install your new card. Install the drivers. Be sure to hook the VGA cable up to the correct outlet.

Which model emachines do you have?

If it is 3 or more years old, maybe the same problem I currently have is similar to yours. From other posts, maybe the power supply has shorted the motherboard. That will also cause the video to not work.

Have you tried to hook up the new graphics card and boot with it anyway?

Of course, in the first place you can't get to the Device Manager if you don't get any graphics display and in the second you disable the onboard graphics in the BIOS not the Device Manager.

If you can't get into the BIOS, you might need to replace the whole motherboard and that's another whole subject.

Before you bought the new card, were you even sure about the problem?

If your integrated video has failed, then most likely your entire motherboard has failed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back