No More Sound!

Status
Not open for further replies.
After installing a new Graphics Card (ATI Radeon 9550) I have lost all sound on my computer. Naturally ATI, say it's nothing to do with their install !!!!

My machine use(d)s Soundmax Integrated Digital Audio, I have checked the device manager and there are no conflicts and it is reporting as 'working properly'.

The following are installed:

Audio Codecs
Legacy Audio Drivers
Legacy Video Capture Devices
Media Control Devices
SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio
Video Codecs

The drivers are the latest from Soundmax (dated 27/5/03) that are suitable for my machine.

The location is listed as: PCI bus 0, device 31, function 5.

I have a Compaq 6046ea P4 1.7GHZ machine running Win XP Home SP2 with 1gb of ram.

HELP !!!!!!!!! :(

sme problem

hi i am getting the exact same problem with my computer. all the details and evrything. if you get any info on how to fix it by any other user please can u let me now and put me out of my misery thanks.
amby

amby said:
hi i am getting the exact same problem with my computer. all the details and evrything. if you get any info on how to fix it by any other user please can u let me now and put me out of my misery thanks.
amby

The same card ? :eek: Will let you know if I find a solution ;)

That is weird. Ok just to narrow the search, uninstall the video card in Device M, reboot and let windows find and install default AVG drivers. See if sound is back before installling ATI drivers.

Another thing to check is the sound card make sure it's seated properly and you didn't kncok anything out of place when install the new vid card. I know, noobie thing but it does happen to the best of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back