TechSpot

No more ugly wires

By 1000cc
Mar 29, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ph30nIX

Ph30nIX TS Rookie Posts: 359

you could buy that, or you could get something much similar from the local hardware store for much cheaper.

2. 1000cc

1000cc TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 83

i have but this stuff quality is superior than the junk sold at the local hardware . and they dont carry the neat T conector or the wild colors.

3. Ph30nIX

i admit a connector would be handy, but still i am wary about ordering computer parts etc. off the ionternet, my friends wirelss router doesnt quite work properly and they couldnt send it back (its a linksys, or whatever)

4. isatippy

isatippy TS Rookie Posts: 593

Ya man just go to the hardware store and buy it

5. Secondgunman

Secondgunman TS Rookie Posts: 192

Hand to hand

I like hand to hand it is easy fro some guy miles awy to say no to you it is harder to say no in person. This is why I use local stores still when building computers, the stores I use give discounts to small time builders and even larger builders, on top of that you suport the sales groth in your reagion. I have found the custom computer shops in my city to be better in price then buying online after chipping and taxs. You just have to look around find a good place and keep going there, one store I deal with will give me credit on my own personal hardware now even though it is their directive not to, this is because, to-date I have given them about $80,000.00 in sales over the last 5 years. NO website will do that for you.

6. 1000cc

You people need a reality check . this are very high quality stuff sold very cheap by a big company you can buy it by the foot or in large bundle . we are not talking about a $200.00 mother board or $400.00 video card. they dont sell computers parts either. some how this topic got way off track. and your cheap *****$ local hardware do not carry this product. this company supplys even the military . neon color looms and other stuff for a few dollar order and you people are making a big deal over it. a multi million dollar company is not going to rip you off for a few dollars worth of neon green looms and conectors.

7. JonnyOnTheSpot

JonnyOnTheSpot TS Rookie

:eek: Not sure how you think they made a big deal over it..they were just stating their on-line ordering experience

8. 1000cc

NEVER HAD ONE and UPS or FEDX is allways on time maybe 1 day late. even if the worse happen " UPS truck cought fire or was hit by terrorist " you lost a few dollars worth of neon color looms +shrink tubes etc. lets not forget all of those little or big computer parts outlet in your town the stuff is ship to them by UPS OR Fedex . Tigerdirect in miami got 2 stores within 30 to 40 minute ride from my house how ever if they dont carry what i want i order thru the web and as big as they are they dont carry a lot of stuff or is not in the miami store so i have to order again from tigerdirect out of state warehouse using UPS . You have good chance of a screw up with a small flaky company on orders and i have order from a small flaky company with good result. Any one could have a bad experience but those are far and between. The first time i fell hard on my dirt bike it did not stop me from riding again.

9. isatippy

The way I look at it I'm 15min away from a computer and hardware store and why waste 3 or 4 days and shipping that you have to pay for.

10. Justin

Justin TS Rookie Posts: 1,595

When the difference between 3-4 days is $20, 40, sometimes even $80, it's worth it. The only hardware places around here are ultra-crap places like BestBuy, CompUSA, et cetera, that have insane markups.

11. Ph30nIX

dont you guys have something like a computer fair, at ours the prices are about 3/4 retail or less. so if you know what your doing its great, next time i'll have a look and see if they have similar thing like wire-loom, i know that theres a stall that is dedicated to modding and lighting etc.

12. AtK SpAdE

AtK SpAdE TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,846

we have one

At the Balitmore Convention Center we have a Computer Expo once and awhille. It is really poor quality stuff. Cheap yes but i have never heard of most fot the brands. Since their here foro a weekend and gone for six months if you need to return/exchange your out of luck. I wish we could get a good one to come to town.

Sean

13. isatippy

We don't even have one that I know of. :(

14. Ph30nIX

ROFL, we have one like every 2 weeks here. We get all that known brands (i think) and thens theres some cheap crappy stuff, But last time i went i bought a pair of 2.1 speakers for my gay computer for $19 AUD and thne in some catalouge i saw a "JBL" pair for $150AUD i mean wtf is with that. I dont really see why someone would pay that much when they can get a decend 5.1 and sound card for that price.

BTW. it seems like this is getting a bit offtopic. I'll get back to you when i check if they have them.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.