No Nvidia drivers specifically for nforce 560 SLI?

By bobdole776
Nov 15, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i have a asus m2n-SLI motherboard with a nvidia nforce 560-SLI chipset. Now, at the nvidia website, for the most current drivers, my chipset is not on the list of supported chipsets, it just has the nforce 560. could this be why i cant get SLI to work? when i use the driver scan feature, it gives me a recomedation for a driver from 2006. does nvidia not support the 560-SLI? i'd really apreciate any advice given. i've been racking my brain over my SLI problem for a couple of days.
  2. bobdole776

bobdole776 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 29

when am i going to get a response?
  3. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 8,385   +205

Go to the Asus website for nForce chipset drivers and go to the Nvidia website for the graphics card driver.
  4. bobdole776

bobdole776 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 29

the only driver they have is from 10/5/2007, that might not be compatible with sli or other things.
  5. MetalX

MetalX TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,909

If it's a driver for that motherboard, it will be compatible with everything that motherboard can do.

Think about it. Why would a motherboard manufacturer release drivers/BIOS versions that could not support SLI, when the motherboard itself is made to support SLI? Also, if SLI is not working, its probably because it needs to be enabled in the BIOS. The chipset drivers do not usually allow or disallow SLI, that must be done in the BIOS settings.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.