No picture

Status
Not open for further replies.
I put my pc into storage for 6 months now i get no picture on monitor, box starts/lights up fan runs.
This comp was not built by myself and my knowledge is limited at best,its 4 years old pentium 4,80gb hd,2400 amd athlon,256 ram after this .........
ides please ludvik

Re-Confirm that you are plugging in the VGA cable to the correct VGA connector on the back of the computer (some have two)

You this could be anything!

Doh ! Not a quick fix :(

You need to only have the Keyboard Mouse and Video in (plus power of course)
And try booting up
Even though the fans turn on, it could still be faulty Power Supply

Also sometimes when computers sit for a while, they can build up condensation.
You may need to remove the side cover, and re-connect all the internal connections (This time power out)
But I'm concerned, because you may need some technical (hardware) knowledge to do this

no monitor picture

ok thanks for reply
looks like a shop visit
what can i expect them to tell me it is and what cost?

what can i expect them to tell me it is and what cost?
A good computer shop shouldn't fix it, due to low specs
They will back up the HardDrive for you (if you have any personal data on it)
And probably state you need a new one (computer that is)

A middle range computer shop will probably clean out all dust, re-connect all connections, re-connect Ram and any other PCI device (ie 56K modem) fully test, and charge one (or 2) hour (prices vary)

A lesser computer shop (or tech) will probably replace the HardDrive and possibly PowerSupply and or Motherboard (This will cost a bit)

Why the good computer shop tells you to purchase another computer, is to stop you from comming back, and they'll probably keep your old one too (win win)

Try to go for the Mid Range !

no monitor picture plus....

still have not got this problem resolved!
on start up i am getting no beep/beeps, i have power to fan and lights and lcd display working someone suggested remove cmos battery is this advisible?
just to recap my pc was in storage for 6 months in dry conditions
below my lcd display i have s1 and s2 can you tell me what these are i believe the 4 digits above 0000 should change when i push them?

below my lcd display i have s1 and s2 can you tell me what these are i believe the 4 digits above 0000 should change when i push them?
I'm not following you on this line.

Are you saying the LCD does turn on and show an error message?

Anyway, yes you can safely remove the CMOS battery, and then re-insert. Mind you, there's probably a jumper on the board to reset CMOS, you'll need to download your manual for this.

Whilst inside the computer, reconnect (disconnect first) all connections ie cable; power and data. Even re-seat the Ram card.

Due to the age and specifications of the PC, I believe it will be just a computer to play around with, trying to fix it.

Here's a good BenchTesting guide.

lcd display

hi
the lcd rotates from cpu to sys r and sys f numbers stay on 0000 im sure these used to change thanks for your help with this matter!

I'm thinking Ram card faulty
But the fault condition looks like onboard Video or CPU
Best for you to do the BenchTesting idea (link above)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back