No post beeps or boot up

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have two Great Quality computers (barebones built in China) that are over 4 years old, and running Win 98SE. I want to up grade them so I got two Mobo's and processors (they are compatible) and installed them. Made all the connections and when I try to boot them up nothing. No post beeps and nothing on the monitor. The boards are getting power as the power supply and the cpu fan is running, but that is all there is. Any ideas on what to try? I have built many systems but never ran up against this problem, but then I never tried to up date something so old either.
Steve

Some Mobo's will not POST if you have the fan header in the wrong slot.

also reseat your RAM,check your CPU.

Generally if your computer doesn't post it's your RAM or Processor.

the thermal pad or paste on the CPU side.have you checked that?

Thinks for the guide Tedster, but the components are part of a combo. The board, cpu, and ram were all bought together and are compatible. The cases all worked with the original components, and as for power supplies they meet the requirements set forth in the documentation. I have read the other posts about this issue and I'm not just looking for post beeps but for the boards to just power up. I'm trying to find out what posts to use to power up the board so I can take the case out of the equation. Right now I'm looking at the ram or the case. I might have to rewire the case or get two new two sticks of ram, but what do you think the odds are on two sticks of ram bad right out of the box. In the last 11 years and who knows how many systems I have only gotten one bad stick right out of the box. I'll keep the post updated. Too bad your guide didn't come back when I did the search for the issue.

Just a simple response
Unplug the case fan

I've had issues where some fans don't work and halt the system
Tedster and turbo1 covered everything else !
And you said that you would bench test

Please reply back after bench testing completed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back