TechSpot

No screen

By queenie74
Dec 21, 2008
  1. my friend had a new hard drive and new ram installed at first her pc was working but the next day when she turned on her pc a funny message appered saying some factors wasnt installed and then it shut down and the monitor went on standby and her computer started beeping and it wont come on. i tried putting her computer on to my monitor and it does the same thing.
    Her Computer has an AOpen MK 33 motherboard and her old hard drive was a 4GB and she tried installing a 200gb hard drive.
    Pleasecan someone help as she will have no pc over christmas

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,244   +234

Buy her a new video card for Christmas

3. queenie74

queenie74 TS Rookie Topic Starter

can someone please help me to help a friend and no sarcasm. If I put back in the old hard drive would that put it right

4. Tmagic650

Did you install all the AOpen motherboard drivers? Are you running XP?

5. queenie74

queenie74 TS Rookie Topic Starter

my friend had another friend put the new hard drive on there on friday and on saturday morning a message came up on the screenb something to do with NTSF
    her stupid friend did re format the pc but obviously he has done something wrong with either installing the new HDD or putting in the new ram

6. Tmagic650

Get this friend to do the job right

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.