No signal, four post beeps

Status
Not open for further replies.
First off, the motherboard is a Tyan Thunder K7 S2462. Everytime I turn it on, POST beeps 4 short beeps. From what I know, it's a system timer failure, but then again it could be something else.

I just recently bought new RAM to try and resolve the problem, but it still gives me the same error. Could my mobo be dead?! Also, I bought a new CMOS battery and replaced the old one. My HDD and Optical drivers are fine.

At one time I had it working, and I reinstalled my OS and thought everything was OK. Later that day, I turn it on and again the four POST beeps.

Will it run long enough for you to access Start->Control Panel->System->Hardware->Device Manager to see if there are any hardware issues listed there.
Then by using the Techspot Beep Codes post, you can narrow it down.

Nope. I get no signal to monitor. Even if it did somehow access the HDD, there would be no way for me to see.

Also, I'm pretty sure it's a system timer failer, but I dunno where to go from here. I know that the RAM didn't come DOA because I tested it in a working rig. I tried each RAM slot, and still I get no signal/error.

To be a system timer issue, you would necessarily have a failed motherboard. Please tell us your thinking on this "system timer" issue. Do the beep codes for Tyan mesh with a motherboard failure?

Well, it has a Phoenix BIOS and from what I've read, they don't even have a 1-1-1-1 code. But, this is what I'm getting and I can't get passed this. I am certain that it's four short beeps.

Could it be that the RAM is not compatible? I'm using Kingston PC3200 DDR DIMM 1gb. I dunno if this mobo only supports PC1600/2100.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back