No Signal problem

By smiler78
Jul 18, 2006
  1. Hello, anyone out there help me. recently bought a new game, well an expansion for a game. Basically i never had any probs when playing the old game, but now i have installed an expansion, when i go 2 play online i can play for a while then screen will suddenly go black, pc is still on but i get message on monitor saying no signal and thats it i cabt do anything! Any help would b greatly appreciated! Thanks
  2. wolfram

wolfram TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,967   +9

Hello and Welcome to Techspot!

Can you give us your system specs please? Also, check that you have the latest drivers for your video card and chipset.

3. smiler78

smiler78 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Heres my pc specs

Thanks 4 ur reply
    Here is my pc specs, is that all u wanted, not sure how to get more info. How do i check if have latest drivers 4 my video card and chipset. Not that well switched on when it comes to pc's

System Model: 00000000000000000000000
    BIOS Version: Award Software International, Inc. 20f

Operating System
    Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
    Version: 5.1.2600
    Service Pack: 2.0
    PID: 76477-OEM-0011903-00109
    Hot Fix: KB835221WXP

Memory (RAM)
    Capacity: 1 GB

Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.06GHz
    Version: x86 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 1
    Speed: 3059 MHz
  4. wolfram

Download this program to know better:
    Tell us your motherboard model and make, your video card model and make, bus type (PCI-E, AGP).

Sorry if I'm too technical. If you don't understand, I'll be glad to explain it to you :)
  5. Helixeagle

Helixeagle TS Rookie Posts: 17

I'm not all amazingly technical but when a monitor says out of range it usually means the resolution is too high for the monitor, i had many problems with this and a simple monitor changed fixed it, have you got another monitor you could test?

EDIT: Oh yes and of course if you can turn the resolution down in the game, but usually the game sets it for you and you cant do anything because its been set and now out of range... so a different monitor is probably worth testing. Its worth a try as i had the same problem and on several occasions its been the monitor is getting on a bit and cant take the newer resolutions of games..
  6. wolfram

It could be that, or the selected refresh rate is higher than the monitor supports.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.