No signal to monitor, Mouse/Keyboard don't work

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoolJBAD

I recently tried to switch CPUs, but i accidently bent some pins. I fixed it and put it back together. by the end of yesterday. my computer would turn on, but there was no signal to the monitor and my keyboard and mouse wouldn't work. Today, my computer doesn't even turn on. I checked all plugs, everything is plugged in right.

HP Pavillion 522C
256 RAM
AMD 1.7 ghz (i think)

any help, my computer is dead, my dad is pissed

Try to reseat the CPU, make sure the CPU is fully on the die and locked down.

Reseat everything, including the plug.

Most folks don't believe me on this but I have used 3 CPU's with missing pins...and they did work, That doesn't mean that this problem isn't due to broken pins.

I checked, its good. I reseated once again, turned it on, only the motherborad and fans connected. i was able to get it on, but once i reconnected everything it wouldn't turnback on, any suggestions?

>>>update, i reseated the cpu again, it worked again then proceded quickly puting everthing where it goes. the fans begin to work, but it quickly shuts down any help???

CoolJBAD said:
>>>update, i reseated the cpu again, it worked again then proceded quickly puting everthing where it goes. the fans begin to work, but it quickly shuts down any help???

You need to put the thermal grease in it and reattach the heatsink with fan.

It is called tacky.

It was supposed to be this way. WHen the thermal grease was tacky, but still wet enough, it transfer the heats at the top efficiency.

Thermal pad and / or permanent thermal compopund has half the efficiency, but it does glues the heatsink and cpu/ gpu together, which it is not good idea.

Remember, make sure you ask for the thermal grease, and check that it is still gooey. :)

You can take any grease that comes from the syringes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back