No signal to monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I boot up my system, the monitor does not receive a signal unless I flip the rocker switch on the back panel at the power supply, off and on again, then it will receive the signal and boot up. However that is an improper shut down. I have tested other power supplies and the monitor, as well as checked the connections and pins.
Can someone please advise me?
-Ology

Ology said:
When I boot up my system, the monitor does not receive a signal unless I flip the rocker switch on the back panel at the power supply, off and on again, then it will receive the signal and boot up. However that is an improper shut down. I have tested other power supplies and the monitor, as well as checked the connections and pins.
Can someone please advise me?
-Ology

Faulty Motherboard, I have seen this occur, if you flip the power switch before windows starts (most BIOS POST's in 10-15 seconds) then it isnt an improper shutdown.

You can swap out the PSU and ensure all your cards and peripherals are seated correctly, but I think the Mobo is a definate loss.

Regards

Thank you Ididmyc600!
I swapped the PSU and made sure all cards are seated correctly and unfortunately they were not the problem!
You are correct, it is the MOBO.
Thank you so much for your expertise!
Ology

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back