No Sound Device?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently had some virus trouble. I have gotten all cleaned up except that now i have no sound. under sound devices, it says there are no sound devices installed. I have a Creative Sound Blaster Audigy, which i reinstalled...yet no luck. also tryed a system restore, that didn't work either.any ideas?

Completely uninstall all the drivers for the Audigy card, to include the entertainment center and the audio console. Reboot and then try installation again. This should take care of the problem.

Hello everybody, this my first post, im new in this, well i have a similar problem, first windows media and winamp said that i have problems with my sound card and then my pc don't detect my sound card (creative vibra ct4730), so i download the drivers but when i installed them a message pops up telling there's no sound card installed so what should i do?? (instead of dump my pc hehe)

First how old is the PC?
If it's only 3 years old don't dump it just yet.
Always try a different PCI slot first.
Try going into the device manager and right click anywhere and force the PC to scan for new hardware. This might help you? Can't hurt to give it a try...

cgfd37 said:
I recently had some virus trouble. I have gotten all cleaned up except that now i have no sound. under sound devices, it says there are no sound devices installed. I have a Creative Sound Blaster Audigy, which i reinstalled...yet no luck. also tryed a system restore, that didn't work either.any ideas?

Creative has alot of compatability problems with different Mobs.
If you had virus problems chech that your bios settings havent changed,you may need to flash your bois if it has been altered,if you can't change any of your settings manualy you will need to flash your motherboards bois.
virus's can affect your firmware on your board.
If thats not the problem,download the latest drivers for your sound drivers for your board(on board that is not the creative drivers)

I have a Cambridge soundworks setup and I dont use the 5.1 sound card, I use the on board sound and there is no difference i quality

Im pretty sure that the creative drivers use alot of memory that is just going to slow your pc down.

Good luck mate

Hi, well, it isn't too old, i will keep it, and it was a pci slot problem, my bro told me they test the card in other pc so i open my cpu and push it, and give it a couple of bludgeons and BOOOM!! now i have sound again, thanks a lot i reeeaaally didn't know what to do, i'm not too involved in this things, thanks again.

No Sound Device

Hey guys, just bought this labtop dell D610 (service tag f5cgp71) off ebay; and well installed a fresh copy of windows, done all the updates and got all the drivers. when i first installed windows, no sound device was recognized.. however after booting, windows did find it.. i installed the drivers SIGMATEL STAC 975X AC97 and rebooted. windows then did not recognize the sound card again. i tried removing the drivers under ADD/REMOVE programs to see if windows would then recognize the card. but it didnt. weird.. help.. anyone have any suggestions? thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back