no sound missing driver c audio ac97

By hez1403
Aug 13, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Help! I have no sound - there are no drivers installed for C audio ac97 and I cant fix it! Help! OS is Win XP
  2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso Newcomer, in training Posts: 25,948   +17

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

AC97 is usually onboard sound.

If your system is an oem such as Dell/HP etc, then go to your computer manufacturers website and download and install the correct audio drivers for your system.

If you system is custom built, you will need to go to your mobo(motherboard) manufacturers website for the audio drivers.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:
  3. hez1403

hez1403 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

no sound

Thank you - wil try and get this - not too techy with pc's so i mite struggle with finding infor - system spec and mobo spec etc. any help much appreciated!
  4. wavman030

wavman030 Newcomer, in training

If it is a dell, First find the BIOS drivers from dell. Then find the chipset drivers. Do this in the order described. Now go for the sound card drivers. Good luck:)
  5. nickc

nickc TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,623

hez1403, please give us the specs of your computer and then some one will be able to help u. without knowing anything no one can help.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.