No sound other than buzzing noise from my PC speakers

My speakers work fine when plugged into my gf computer, but when plugged into mine, I get nothing but buzzing. No music or anything else. I have not made any changes to my computer. I tried rebooting the computer didn't help. Not sure what to do.

Try other speakers or headphones. The audio jack might be broken.

Since I tried my speakers on my girlfriends computer and they work just fine, I don't think that's the problem. I didn't use my cable when I tested this out. So I'll double check if the cable is a problem. Thanks for the suggestion.

Let's hope that if it is broken and you have to replace it, you don't find out that it's integrated on the motherboard :D

Let's hope that if it is broken and you have to replace it, you don't find out that it's integrated on the motherboard :D

What, what what? Actually, I know for certain the Sound card I am using is not integrated into the motherboard. It was part of a parts build from tigerdirect. However, it is possible that the motherboard does have an integrated sound card built in? If so, would this cause a compatibility problem, or a conflict that could cause this kind of problem?

It would be a conflict if both were enabled but you should have experienced problems with it after you were finished putting it together... anyway, find out if the motherboard has an integrated soundcard and then disable it from device manager. if that doesn't work then uninstall the driver for your main sound, restart and reinstall.

I have an integrated and a pci-e sound cards, both works fine at the same time, so try with integrated

Back