TechSpot

No sound through headphone jack or laptop speakers

By Liam H
Nov 1, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Hi.

I've recently bought a laptop online with no OS installed on it. I've installed Windows 7 Ultimate Edition and downloaded all drivers from the manufactures website. Everything works fine except there is no audio coming through the headphone jack or built-in speakers. I have spent majority of today looking online for answers on how to fix this issue and have found nothing that works.

The laptop model is a HP Pavillion dv6-1007tx.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: When I plug in a HDMI cable to the laptop, sound comes through my TV.

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,213   +230

Do you see any yellow (!) in the device manager? Are you sure you have installed the proper audio driver for Windows 7 64 or 32 bit?

3. Liam H

Liam H TS Rookie Topic Starter

There are no yellow (!) in device manager. When I click on volume mixer, it shows that sound is going through the speakers, but nothing comes out of the speakers. I am positive I have the right drivers. I've tried updating the drivers, rolling them back. No changes. I've even gone so far as formatting and re-installing the OS. I've downloaded all available drivers from the HP website.