TechSpot

No sound through main speakers

By bellabcm
Sep 15, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Hi everyone,
    I'm not sure if this is the right place for this as i'm new on here,
    I turned on my comp the other day and i couldn't get my laptop speakers to make any sound, i plugged in ear phones and i can get sound through them just not the main speakers.
    After mucking around (i cant remember what i did) I managed to get a song to play through itunes, but no other programs.
    ive turned my laptop on 3 days later to no sound at all not even through itunes. Ive looked through device info and all seems fine, nothing is muted, and i dont know what else to do.
    The computer is a 13 month old hp pavillion dv7

please help!

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 21,058   +169

Take a look in the device manager and see if there are any yellow exclamation points in the list. Tell us what you find

3. luvhuffer

luvhuffer TechSpot Paladin Posts: 638

You also might want to uninstall then reinstall the audio drivers. Download the latest drivers from the audio company's latest instead of the ones on the makers support web page unless they have been recently updated.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.