TechSpot

No USB Ports working!

By Wabit
Nov 22, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Got a E Machine T4510,all USB ports and keyboard port quit working at the same time.Power supply was not working properly and CPU Fan quit.So I replaced CPU and Power Supply.USB ports and connection for keyboard still not working.Did it fry the motherboad when all this happened?
    Wabit
  2. kitty500cat

kitty500cat TS Rookie Posts: 2,407   +6

That's possible, that your mobo (Motherboard) got fried, or some of it. Is stuff like your video card working, or do you have integrated (onboard) video?
    --kitty
    PS Welcome to TechSpot!! :wave: :D
  3. powertunez

powertunez TS Rookie

update your BIOS to the latest version, and install the latest hardware drivers for your motherboard.
  4. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 25,948   +19

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Unfortunately we see Emachines problems like this far too often.

Normally the psu blows and takes other components, including the mobo with it.

See this thread HERE.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:
  5. brianj

brianj TS Rookie

Look in device manager and see if there are any red or yellow exclamation marks
  6. Wabit

Wabit TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thanks for replying and I do have a video card that was working.I took it all apart,gonna start over.Video card was a AGP,so its out of date,will replace with PCI card.Thanks again!

Thanks for the reply,I will rebuild this thing.Its dated anyhow..:) Thanks again!
    Wabit

Thanks for the reply ,think Ill just rebuild this thing,its dated anyhow!

Thanks for the reply,think Ill just rebuild it..:)
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.