No video input

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just built a new computer with the following specs:

Intel 630
ECS PF4
Corsair DDR2533 512mb x 2 (dual channel)
Seagate 120gb SATA
Liteon s1693s
Gigabyte 6600T Pcie
SPI Green Power 350w psu
Antec SLK3000B
Windows XP Pro with SP2

When i boot up the computer everything works fine. When i turn off the computer and try to boot it up again within a couple of minutes then everything is fine. However, if i try booting up after 5 min or so, the power LED is on and everything seems to be working except that there is "no video input" on my 19 inch philips LCD. In order to boot up my computer i need to manually switch off the power button on the PSU, wait for a couple of minutes and then boot up. I basically have to use the PSU power button which is rather annoying.

I have tried changing the PSU, video card to a 6200TC, ram all to no avail. I have returned the motherboard and the technician says the board is not faulty.

I have read the thread at https://www.techspot.com/vb/all/windows/t-5382-Help-please-PC-power-up-problem.html and it appears that my prob may be my new Antec case. As i dont have a spare case i cant actually put my system into another case I dont wanna buy an extra case if thats not the problem. Any advice?

Thanks!

If the problem is the switch on the case, you can buy replacement switches. There are websites that carry them.

If your case is new, you might be able to get a new switch from the manufacturer under warranty or even a new case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back