No video, no beeps, lights on motherboard,fans work

Hi all,

I moved my computer and when I plugged it back in it didn't work. I replaced the power supply recently and I thought it was the motherboard so I bought a new one.
Even when I breadboarded the system I get a light on the motherboard, processor gets hot, fans spin, but get no video through either internal or external card?

My system is Asus m578a m
Amd fx8120
16 gig ram

Can you help as I have tried 2 different motherboards, reset the bios, tried one and 2 sticks of memory, it is powering but no post

I think that you wrote your mobo model number wrong as I can only find information on this M5A78L-M

I would recheck all hardware and cables to make sure that they are fully seated. What type of CPU cooler do you have on the AMD FX 8120?

How did you reset the BIOS?

If it's not posting....then there's no way your getting into the BIOS. It has to POST (get that post beep) then the BIOS flash screen and at that point use the mobo specific key to enter into the BIOS.

Yup the motherboard is the Asus m578l m lx3
I have a Zelman silent cooler fan its huge
Bios was reset by the jumper
All power supply cables are tightly fastened

When I face this, I like to go back to the manual and follow re-install step by step - helps me fix many simple problems (like leaving the jumper in the reset location, forgetting a CPU power connection, not fully inserting RAM, loose 24 pin connector, loose CMOS battery, etc. - and, yes, I have done everyone of those). Oops, forgot the loose screw under the motherboard time.

Yup the motherboard is the Asus m578l m lx3
I have a Zelman silent cooler fan its huge
Bios was reset by the jumper
All power supply cables are tightly fastened

Again...that's the wrong model....all I get in a search is Asus M5A78L-M. Asus m578a m is what you typed. These are not the same.

Back